Goddard Gunster is an award-winning public affairs firm that specializes in issue advocacy. Comprised of dynamic, industry-leading experts, Goddard Gunster provides an enriching environment for professionals to thrive and grow while producing superb advocacy campaigns. As the Junior Accountant, you will be tasked with providing financial information to managers by researching and analyzing accounting data. The Junior Accountant will be responsible for upholding the highest standards while preparing reports and handling day-to-day accounting duties.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Make helpful recommendations for action based on analysis of accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status; prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforce adherence to legal requirements and advise management on appropriate action.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies.
The ideal candidate is confident with answering accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations. Comfort with accomplishing superb results in a timely manner is essential. An ability to contribute to team efforts and perform assigned tasks efficiently is required. Qualified applicants should have experience in accounting, corporate finance, SFAS rules, maintaining confidentiality, data entry management, research, reporting finances, and general math skills. Candidates should be deadline-oriented, maintain exceptional attention to detail, and practice stellar time-management.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Goddard Gunster is an award-winning public affairs firm that specializes in issue advocacy. We currently have an internship position – with potential for future advancement – available for the Fall Semester of 2016. While navigating a fast-paced environment, this intern will become directly involved in several exciting projects all while getting valuable exposure to the public affairs industry. Since Goddard Gunster works regularly with a diverse range of advocacy campaigns, this internship provides a unique opportunity for hands-on experience while learning from our staff members.
- Assist in monitoring the progress of campaigns, keep track of relevant news, and utilize this research while updating our social media platforms.
- Assist staff with copywriting and proofreading proposals, presentations, and memorandums for clients.
- Assist with organizing campaign plans and presentations using various programs, including OmniPlan/OmniOutliner and Powerpoint.
- Assist in the management of social media platforms and websites for our various campaigns.
- Participate in staff meetings and distribute concise, thorough, and accurate notes in a timely manner to team members.
- Execute data management and data entry for assigned projects.
- Must be available to travel domestically to help manage and organize campaign-related events.
- Compile, manage, and update campaign materials.
- Assist with necessary administrative duties and perform special tasks as assigned.
This is a paid position. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, passionate hard-worker with knowledge of public affairs and government relations. An ability to work well and multitask in a fast-paced environment is essential.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.